Strengthen Your Brand Identity With Custom Lobby Signs In St. Louis, MO
Lobby signs aren’t just for wayfinding and business identification; they’re also one of the most powerful branding tools available to brick-and-mortar business owners.
This is borne out by several studies. For example:
- The American Shopper Study found that over 40% of people use lobby signs to make quality assessments about unfamiliar brands, and 85.7% of people feel that lobby signs “convey the personality or character of the business.”
- One study by the Interdisciplinary Journal of Signage and Wayfinding noted how lobby signs “serve as inferential cues and basis for thin-slice judgments about the businesses they represent” (Kellaris & Machleit, 2016)
- Survey research and quantitative interviews by the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services found that lobby signs “enable retailers to depict a particular image to potential consumers with merchandise that showcases elements of their design aesthetic, taste, or brand personality, and create and maintain an overall store image for targeted consumer segments” (Oh & Petrie, 2012, p. 27).
Clearly, lobby signs can say a lot about your brand. But what makes them so special in this regard?
- Lobby signs are big, outsizing most other indoor sign options except for some supersized banners and storefront displays. Large lobby signs command attention and subtly convey authority, implying that your brand or message is big and important enough to warrant a grand canvas.
Lobby signs are typically one of the largest displays in your indoor sign system, and they attract a proportional amount of attention.
- Lobby signs are completely customizable, which allows business owners to leverage the marketing power of novelty, standing out and drawing eyes with one-of-a-kind displays. With our selection of lobby sign materials and styles, plus our digital design capabilities, you’ll enjoy practically limitless creative potential, and you’ll have the full support of our in-house design team on every order.
- Lobby signs are simple, typically only displaying brand names, logos, and brief slogans, rather than detailing product or service information and getting bogged down with multiple design elements. Simple designs are linked to better brand recognition and faster recall in multiple studies cited by the Journal of Advertising Research (Van Meurs & Aristoff, 2009,p. 87)
Custom lobby signs say a lot with a little, speeding brand recognition and conveying quality with 2-3 impactful design elements.
- Lobby signs provide guaranteed impressions, since guests look to them to orient themselves upon arrival, whether to confirm they’re in the right place or find their next point of contact in the form of a receptionist or sign-in station.
Consult With Custom Lobby Sign Experts In St. Louis, MO
The Horizon Sign Company is your one-stop shop for lobby sign solutions in St. Louis, Maryland and the surrounding areas, including the communities of:
- Rock Hill
- Webster Groves
- Maplewood, and beyond
If you’re ready to invest in a winning lobby sign design, you’ve come to the right place. We offer a wide range of products to suit every business need, from cost-effective graphics and ACM panels to impressive dimensional lobby signs and illumination options, and our experts support your order every step of the way.
To explore our complete catalog and get a free quote on a custom lobby sign, you can:
Kellaris, J. J., & Machleit, K. A. (2016). Signage as marketing communication: A conceptual model and research propositions. Interdisciplinary Journal of Signage and Wayfinding, 1(1).
Oh, H., & Petrie, J. (2012). How do storefront window displays influence entering decisions of clothing stores? Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 19(1), 27-35.
Van Meurs, L., & Aristoff, M. (2009). Split-second recognition: What makes outdoor advertising work? Journal of Advertising Research, 49(1), 82-92.Back