Logo Sign Design: Putting Color Theory To Practice For Better Branding
The best logo signs say a lot without adding extra words, and using color psychology in your design is one of the best ways to do it. Read on to learn how to put color theory to practice for better sign design, or call (314) 726-5500 to speak directly with a graphic designer in St. Louis, MO.
Incorporate Color Psychology Into Your Logo Sign Design In St. Louis, MO
Color is a powerful tool that can be used to signal action, influence mood, and convey meaning without words. By incorporating color psychology into your logo sign design, you can make even a simple brand name much more expressive and engaging for local audiences.
“The psychology of color and quality logo design often gives certain products… a good brand personality in the minds of consumers,” states Suriadi et al. (2022) in a report for the journal of Linguistics and Culture Review. “On the other hand, improper design and low-quality logo colors give the impression of a low personality brand.”
Fortunately, incorporating color psychology into your logo sign design is a relatively simple process. You just have to choose colors with the same character, mood, and meaning you want associated with your brand. Researchers made the following color connections:
- Black is associated with power, sophistication, mystery, and death
- White is associated with hope, simplicity, cleanliness, goodness, and purity
- Red is associated with love, passion, romance, danger, and energy
- Yellow is associated with intellect, friendliness, warmth, caution, and cowardice
- Blue is associated with peace, sincerity, confidence, integrity, and tranquility
- Gray is associated with authority, maturity, security, and stability
- Green is associated with life, growth, nature, money, and freshness
- Orange is associated with innovation, creativity, thinking, and ideas
- Purple is associated with royalty, luxury, wisdom, and dignity
Thus, for example, if you need a logo sign to advertise your new cleaning business, you might add white tones to your palette to convey your company’s focus on cleanliness, purity, and simplicity. If your cleaning company was a strong proponent of environmentally safe cleaners and practices, you might consider adding greens to convey this earth-friendly focus.
A strong purple and orange palette conveys dignity, wisdom, innovation, thinking, ideas, enriching this logo sign with deeper meaning.
If you need more help choosing the best colors to tell your brand story, get in touch with our logo sign design team in St. Louis, MO.
Get A Free Quote On Logo Sign Design In St. Louis, MO
- Call (314) 726-5500 to speak with a logo sign design specialist in St. Louis, MO
- Fill out our short online contact form to request a callback
- Send your logo sign design directly to our graphics department
Suriadi, J., Mardiyana, M., & Reza, B. (2022). The concept of color psychology and logos to strengthen brand personality of local products. Linguistics and Culture Review, 6(S1), 839- 856.Back