How To Maintain Truck Wraps For Long-Lasting Performance
With proper maintenance, your truck wrap can stay in service for five to seven years, building your brand with quality impressions all the while. To help you get the most out of your mobile billboards, today’s post shares some best practices for truck wrap maintenance.
Read on to learn how to keep your truck wraps looking their best for longer, or call (314) 726-5500 to speak directly with a truck wrap specialist in St. Louis, MO.
How to maintain truck wraps for long-lasting performance
- Wash your truck wraps regularly. Wash your truck wraps whenever they appear dirty using a wet, non-abrasive detergent or simple water rinse. This not only helps keep your brand image pristine, but also prevents contaminants from hardening or caking on. The longer contaminants are left on your truck wrap, the harder they are to scrub away later, which puts your truck wrap at risk of wrinkles or abrasion.
- Use a squeegee to dry your truck wraps and prevent spotting. While water spotting isn’t going to damage your truck wraps in the same way as gasoline spills or other harmful contaminants, it certainly doesn’t help your brand image. To prevent spotting after rinsing your vehicle, we recommend using a silicone squeegee to remove water from your truck wrap, then finishing with a clean microfiber cloth.
- Immediately wipe away fuel spills. If left on your truck wraps, even a few drops of fuel can start to degrade the vinyl and underlying adhesive. Try not to spill fuel on your truck wraps when filling up your tank, and if you do, wipe it off immediately, then wash, rinse, and dry as normal.
- Store your truck wrap indoors whenever possible. Truck wraps are quite durable, capable of withstanding the worst of St. Louis’ weather, but it is still a good idea to store your vehicle indoors when not in use. This will minimize the risks of degradation by prolonged sun exposure and atmospheric pollutants, particularly on horizontal surfaces like your hood, trunk, and roof. If a garage is not available, consider using a cloth cover at night.
- Use truck washing technology with care. Hand washing is always the safest option for cleaning your truck wraps, but some drivers prefer pressure washing and/or automated car washes.If you want to take your truck wraps through a car wash, make sure to choose a touchless option, as brush washes can cause scratching, dulling, and lifting.
If you want to use a pressure washer, make sure the water pressure is kept under 2000 psi, use a spray nozzle with a 40-degree wide angle spray pattern, and hold the nozzle at least 1 foot away from your truck wraps at a perpendicular angle.
Book a free truck wrap quote and consultation in St. Louis, MO
Whether you need a custom design or more maintenance tips, our truck wrap experts are standing by to help you build brand authority with eye-catching mobile billboards like these:
You can find more truck wrap results like these in our Online Gallery.
To speak directly with a truck wrap specialist, and get a free quote on any custom order, you can:
- Call (314) 726-5500
- Fill out the online contact form on our website to request a callback
- Email email@example.com
- Drop by our location at 748 Hanley Industrial Court in Brentwood